North Bergen, New Jersey
6 months ago
* Supervise truck to railcar transloading operations, ensuring safe and efficient gondola railcar
loading to meet customer demands.
* Work with customer to ensure appropriate work scheduling and staffing to meet customer
demands cost efficiently.
* Maintain clear communication with the customer on all transloading and transportation related
* Ensure safe rail movements in accordance with site rail procedures and policies.
* Supervise transload operators and laborers encouraging the use of STOP WORK authority and
making safety priority.
* Ensure the use of site procedures, policies, instructions and job hazard analysis, JHA, for safety,
compliance and operations.
* Learn and be able to fulfill all tasks and duties of facility operators and laborers as required.
* Requires strong interpersonal skills, writing skills and ability to work in a constantly changing
environment as a team player responsible for project-wide operations, safety, and compliance.
* Must be able to personally maintain and instill in the transload team members a high level of
integrity for safety and compliance requirements at all levels of operations.
* Experience supervising employees and part of a team environment.
* Familiar with rail and transloading operations.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
* Experience as a supervisor.
* Computer proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Hazwoper and DOT 49 CFR Part 172 subpart H certification.
* Experience directly interacting with customers, regulators and vendors.
* Experience with rail operations including track-mobile operations.
* General equipment operation experience.