New York, USA
almost 2 years ago
Position - Superintendent/ Senior Superintendent
Sector - General Contractor, Cor & Shell, Interiors
Location - New York City, NY, US
Salary - Negotiable
1st Step has been retained by one of the fastest growing Development Management Service firms in New York. The company specialise in providing full execution capability in the development of real estate for both Developers, Owners and Corporate clients. They are currently looking for an experience Superintendent with strong experience working on large interiors as well as core & shell projects to join the team.
The ideal candidate should have experience working for a leading General Contractor in New York.
Primary Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- We are looking for Superintendents to help consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and that
- Research, review and address any owner, landlord, city/state requirement or procedure to avoid project delays, ensure safety, and/or ensure client satisfaction
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and commitments including financial goals, scheduling, logistics, phasing, milestones, inspections
- Oversee all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, construction, progress, quality control and a clean site
- Work in partnership with PM to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project
- Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, and keeping up to date with city agency requirements;
- Work closely with the Construction Team during close-out of new buildings to ensure quality assurance and facilitate a smooth transition of a vacant building under Construction to a fully occupied building under Property Management.
- 10+ years' experience both in union and non-union environments
- New York City Construction Superintendent license preferred
- ASHE Health Care Construction (HCC) certificate preferred
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of safety procedures and regulations
- Experience in managing, training and developing people
- Experience in computer technology (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Project)
- Ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas: high profile academic and healthcare and science related projects, out of the ground, renovation, and high end corporate tenant interiors.
- Project experience should include interior renovation, out of the ground, renovation work in occupied and unoccupied environments, urban and suburban work locations, and a complete understanding of high level finishes, structural steel and concrete
- Medical, Dental,
- Short/Long Term Disability,
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
To apply, please contact me on 646 781 7254 or