New Jersey, USA
almost 3 years ago
1st Step is now working with a full-service New Jersey based General Contractor. This leading company is involved with projects throughout the Tri-State area. Taking on both ground-up and interior projects they serve clients in the retail, supermarket, education, healthcare, financial and industrial markets.
Currently, we are seeking a Superintendent with commercial ground-up experience. A Superintendent helps to consistently deliver projects on time and on budget. Superintendents are critical to the success of the project team and are directly responsible for the supervision, coordination, scheduling, and control of all field activities of Subcontractors and suppliers. They oversee project safety and quality control programs in the field, ensuring that the project is constructed as specified and according to state and federal regulations.
* Consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and exceed clients' expectations. Ensures that all projects are completed by the highest standard.
* On-site supervision of Subcontractors
* Attend pre-construction meeting with client, architect and mall tenant coordinator. Develop comprehensive project strategy of execution to meet scheduling, logistics, and inspection milestones while meeting all rules and regulations. Identify and address issues of constructability or lack of scope
* Minimize delays through collaborating with Project Manager at the onset of construction, work with Project Manager to review Subcontractor's scopes and schedule
* Assure Quality Control throughout the duration of the project
* Responsible for and must be present for all building inspections
* As the Jobsite Safety Manager, oversees all daily field operations to ensure proper site safety, eliminate accidents, and ensure a clean, safe and secure work environment
* 5-10 years of construction experience
* Proficient with out-of-ground commercial projects
* Strong Leadership skills
* Strong Communicator and able to effectively interface with Owners/Subcontractors/Staff/Coworkers
* Excellent time management skills