New York, USA
almost 2 years ago
New York, NY
1st Step is currently working with one of the leading currently working with one of the leading General contractors who are looking to add a Senior Project Manager to their team.
Construction Project Manager - Strong Estimating If you are a talented Commercial Project Manager with 5+ years of professional experience in commercial construction, please read on!
* Works as part of the Project Team, assisting with the development of scope, cost, and schedule for project work for a Financial Services client
* Provide superior client service
* Provide superior employee management
* Contribute to the growth of the company
* Enhance own professional and personal skills
* Meet assigned financial targets
* Strong technical background in the MEP components of design and construction. Essential Functions:
* Support project executives on large complex projects and assignments.
* Proactively manage project-related issues on account or assignment. * Develop scope, budgets, and schedules for assigned projects.
* Conduct and document all weekly meetings.
* Coordinate and track all Vendor RFP's. Maintain accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
* Coordinate activities of sub-contractors and relocation of technical functions.
* Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors
* Prepare/update project status reports, process purchase orders and invoices, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
* Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects.
* Ensure accurate management of all accounts receivables to maintain a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, account finance team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
* Assist Local PDS Team in meeting AGM numbers on a Regional and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Executive Committee (not applicable to Accounts).
* Perform due diligence surveys and provide reports for real estate transactions. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
* Ability to prepare and track budgets
* Familiarity of technical requirements for a business relocation
* Understanding of architectural and engineering drawings required.
* Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
* 3-5 years of practical experience in a project administration / accounting position required
* Experience in construction management or MEP design preferred
* Highly organized with strong analytical and technical skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients
* Organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Detail oriented
* Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Retail and Engineering experience is a plus
* Minimum Required Education:
* Associate or Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management required.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
1. ! So it's a great time to join.
2. We have a full pipeline of projects!
3. Competitive Salary and Benefits. What You Need for this Position At Least 3 Years of experience and knowledge of: - Commercial Construction on the GC side! - Project Management - Estimating Nice to have: - PMP - Construction a PLUS What's In It for You - Competitive base salary - Vacation/PTO - Medical - Dental - Vision - Bonus