New York, USA
about 2 years ago
New York, NY
The Construction Project Manager oversees construction projects during the pre-construction, construction, and closeout phases. The PM must have the knowledge and experience to check design drawings and specifications, manage and run meetings, propose value engineering solutions that reduce project costs, and build and maintain a positive working relationship with the client. Ability to supervise contractors, design team consultants, and owner vendors.
* Knowledge of construction drawings, specifications, design, budget and schedule.
* Analyzes, determines and recommends appropriate procurement method including Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Information (RFI).
* Coordinates with site supervisors
* Conducts open competitive bidding process; composes and issues solicitations.
* Produce and track Change Order Requests or Deductions (COR) for the project.
* Vendor communications and sub tier CORS written amendments.
* Bachelor's in Construction Management or related field
* 5-10 years' experience with Commercial Interior projects
* Must demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines across multiple projects while maintaining organized project files.
* Must be capable of recognizing project risks and timely communicating to senior staff.?
* Must demonstrate creative problem solving, resourcefulness and tenacity.
* Ability to work independently and with a team. Excellent oral, written, organizational, and presentations skills required, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.