Jersey City, New Jersey
almost 2 years ago
MEP Project Manager
Jersey City, NJ
1ST Step is proud to be working with one of the most reputable general contractors in the New York area. This contractor is involved with both interior and ground-up projects throughout the Tri-State area. They have a strong client base in the Corporate Office, Residential, Hospitality, Retail, Educational and Healthcare markets.
We are seeking a MEP Project Manager for their Jersey City, NJ location. The MEP Project Manager leads the effort in coordinating and managing the MEP trades on various projects. This position will work with the project team to ensure successful completion of all MEP trade work.
* Acting as liaison and developing and maintaining relationships with engineers, design consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, inspectors, and owner's representatives.
* Developing a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of contract documents.
* Overseeing activities of MEP Trade Manager(s), MEP Superintendent(s), and subordinates, and providing performance feedback to Project Executive.
* Performing quality assurance/quality control inspections on job sites.
* Responsible for the overall MEP preconstruction and procurement, budget, quality, safety, engineering, coordination, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and close-out processes.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields
* 5-7 years' experience with MEP coordination
* Able to identify design features that command cost premiums and recommend alternatives that deliver comparable or improved function. Demonstrated ability to present technical material. LEED accreditation preferred.
* Very strong oral & written communication skills required. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
* Ability to implement leading-edge technologies such as BIM and LEAN to benefit the project. Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills.