New York, USA
about 2 years ago
MEP Project Design Manager
1ST Step in currently working with a one of the leading construction management, engineering, environmental, architectural, and program management solution companies in the New York area.
Our client provides construction management, engineering, environmental, architectural, and program management solutions. Their expertise in transportation, infrastructure, and public building projects has led to our involvement with some of the country's top projects and landmarks, including the post 9/11 rebuilding of Lower Manhattan, the Number 7 Subway Line Extension, East Side Access, UB Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, and the High Line Park.
Our clients growth has created an immediate need for a MEP Project Manager for our Syosset Corporate Headquarters.
* Preparing project plans, project budgets, and technical write-ups for proposals
* Overseeing 4-6 engineers and multiple projects simultaneously
* Meeting with clients and educating them on design options for each project
* Interfacing with discipline leads to set design direction on projects
* Complying with group and company standards and procedures
* Interpretation of building codes and local regulations
* Aid in RFI's and construction meetings to solve problems in the field
* 6 years of relevant MEP design and management experience (2 yrs. min of management experience)
* MEP Design experience required Healthcare experience a plus
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Preferred); will accept BS Electrical Engineering if experience demonstrates cross training
* NYS Professional Engineer License
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent computer skills
Our client offers a very competitive salary that will be based off of experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment.