New York, USA
almost 2 years ago
New York, NY
1st Step is proud to have built a long-term relationship with one of the leading General Contractors in the New York area. This reputable firm has a presence in both in the North East and South East regions of the country. A well-rounded contractor involved with both Interior and Ground-Up projects serving the Commercial/Mixed-Use, Educational, Healthcare, Hospitality/Residential and Retail markets.
We are seeking an experienced estimator for their New York City office. This Estimator should have a background with Commercial Interiors and keen knowledge in all aspects of the industry.
* Generate quantity and detailed take-offs based on an accurate reading of plans, drawings, geotechnical reports, requests for proposals and special provisions, architect/engineer specifications and related contract documents.
* Perform a detailed review of the bid documents for compliance with company standards, client standards, constructability and compliance with budget.
* Create initial project schedules for submission with proposals as requested by the clients/customers. Solicit subcontractor and material pricing as necessary for both budgets and hard bid projects.
* Coordinate bid solicitations/tabulations, estimating logs and other process-tracking documents.
* Communicate in a productive, professional and diplomatic manner at all levels.
* Manage subcontractor RFIs and other such relationships.
* BS in Construction Management or related field
* 5-10 years of commercial interior experience
* Experience in bidding projects from 100K-50M
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Both written and verbal communication skills