New Jersey, USA
about 2 years ago
1st Step is now working with a full-service New Jersey based General Contractor. This leading company is involved with projects throughout the Tri-State area. Taking on both ground-up and interior projects they serve clients in the retail, supermarket, education, healthcare, financial and industrial markets.
We are seeking an Estimator with commercial ground-up experience. The Project Estimator is responsible for taking a new potential project and generating a complete and presentable bid proposal with ample cost allocations to be able to build the project. Will study and fully understand all plans and specifications and their impact upon the project and site conditions.
* Generate accurate written scopes of work per trade.
* Contact and oversee subcontractor bid process, ensure bids are submitted on time.
* Provide take offs from the plans and maintain detailed written records on master plan set.
* Follow up bids that have been turned in and handle any client issues *
* Qualify subcontractor bids to the plans and the scope of work to ensure they are accurate.
* Analyze lead times, subcontractor duration and generate the project schedule.
* Bachelor's in Construction Management or related field
* 5-10 years of construction estimating experience
* Experience in estimating commercial ground-up projects
* Excellent MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook skills required.
* MS Project, Sage/Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff preferred
* Experience with Client facing and presentation
* Procurement and Scheduling Experience