New York, USA
over 2 years ago
New York, NY
1ST Step is proud to be working with one of the most reputable general contractors in the New York area. This contractor is involved with both interior and ground-up projects throughout the Tri-State area. They have a strong client base in the Corporate Office, Residential, Hospitality, Retail, Educational and Healthcare markets.
This leading General Contractor is seeking an Interior Estimator for their New York office. The Project Estimator is responsible for taking a new potential project and generating a complete and presentable bid proposal with ample cost allocations to be able to build the project but not so high as to lose the bid. The Estimator must be able to get to various sites, review and understand existing conditions, photograph, document, take notes, write RFI and get them answered and must be able to communicate to both clients and subcontractors.
* Generate accurate written scopes of work per trade.
* Contact and oversee subcontractor bid process, ensure bids are submitted on time.
* Run a minimum of three bids consecutively
* Organize work day and week to address projects individually but get them all presented on time with thorough subcontractor back up.
* Provide take offs from the plans and maintain detailed written records on master plan set.
* Follow up bids that have been turned in and handle any client issues
* Qualify subcontractor bids to the plans and the scope of work to ensure they are accurate.
* Analyze lead times, subcontractor durations and generate the Project Schedule
* Bachelor's is Construction Management or related field
* 5-10 years' experience of Commercial Interior estimating
* Experience working on project scales from 5M-30M
* Knowledge of building construction methods and materials and their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances, systems, and trade practices.
* Basic understanding of accounting, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills