New York, USA
US$150000.00 - US$170000.00 per annum
almost 2 years ago
Position: Commercial Estimator
Location: New York
1st Step is working with one of the largest General Contractors and they are looking to add an experienced estimator to their team.. Their projects vary from pre-construction and construction project management, to design/build construction and post-construction services. Their core markets include senior living, health care and higher education.
* Review plans and architectural drawings; prepare quantity take-offs on assigned projects.
* For negotiated work, ensure a complete review of plans and drawings. Identify items that have been omitted and ensure appropriate accounting for such items in overall estimate package that represents the full scope of the project.
* Share information about reliable subcontractors and suppliers with other Estimators. Develop and maintain effective working relationships so the needs of ours and its clients can be met.
* Solicit subcontractor bids for assigned projects.
* Follow approved estimating practices consistent with corporate guidelines. Ensure such practices result in the most complete estimates possible while ensuring the financial objectives are met.
* Maintains current information on trends in and changes to existing construction codes in order to ensure complete bids from subcontractors and material suppliers.
* Utilizes appropriate software programs to calculate, record and track estimates.
* Attends client meetings to discuss estimates, answering any questions and resolving any issues regarding pricing and estimates throughout duration of project.
* Provides change order pricing, site visits, bid delivery and collaboration with teams for other departments.
* Prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
* Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data for effect cost reductions.
* Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
* Competitive salary
* Health benefits
* Career Progression
* Work/Life Balance