New York, USA
over 1 year ago
Location: New York
1st Step is now working with one of the most reputable construction and property consultancy working across all sectors of the built environment. Their main We focus on minimizing risk and creating opportunities to maximize the value of their clients' developments and property assets.
They are looking for an experience Associate with construction background to join their team.
* review and check all design team members' invoices and recommend payment as appropriate; attend on site requisition meetings to review the value of construction work completed
* Oversee the development of all milestone estimates during the design stage of the project, including full take off of all quantities from drawings plans
* prepare various mini-estimates / pricing options throughout early design of projects maintain estimate benchmarking and database
* oversee the development of all the bid documents required to bid the various aspects of the project, oversee the leveling of the returns of the bid documents
* oversee the review of all requested change orders, evaluate and make recommendations, including negotiation as required to agree on a true value for the change
* oversee the finalizing of all the accounts and costs for the project
* during the project, oversee the development of the monthly cost reports for the client; manage the work of assistant cost managers, reviewing their work before it's issued to the client; and present cost reports to the clients.
* during the design period, oversee the development of ongoing estimates and value engineering exercise
Position has 5 direct reports who hold the following job titles: Assistant Cost; Manager; Cost Manager; Senior Cost Manager; and Associate Director. The position will oversee various construction projects ranging from new build to renovation and are within the commercial, retail, hospitality, and leisure sectors.